A Queensland Dollhouse
Please replace placeholder with a high quality finished outcome pic
March 2021, Daniel Flood
We acknowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and their continuing connection to land and as custodians of stories for millennia. We respectfully acknowledge the land on which we all meet today, and pay our respects to elders past, present and emerging.
We’re bringing historical exterior and interior design kicking and screaming into the maker-space with the Queensland House Dollmaking workshops series. Design and fabricate bespoke dollhouses based on classic Queensland architecture and design with the super-helpful Fabrication Lab team.
In this series of workshops you will learn:
- Introductory skills in CAD, laser cutting and 3D printing; designing and making the structure
- Introductory skills to electronics and Arduino; wiring up your design for light and sound
- Introductory to screen printing techniques to make miniature wallpaper
- General making shenanigans; glueing, trimming
- How to access and exploit the State Library of Queensland’s public Fabrication Lab for your own making purposes.
All materials are included. You just bring the inspiration and willingness to learn.
- Skill 1
- Skill 2
- Skill 3
If your workshop does not require any materials (maybe digital only) delete this section or change to something more appropriate.
Tools and Preparation
Again, if your workshop does not require physical tools, delete or change this to something like Software required.
- Tool 1
- Tool 2
- Tool 3
- Tool 4
Before the workshop you will need to …
Workshop Walk through
Add any slide presentations, instructions, software etc. here