Mechanical Cabaret (Woodford version)
Developed by Daniel Flood
This workshop will go live in prototype form at The Planting 2017 and will graduate to a workshop for Woodford Folk Festival 2017/18 (much like the lock did). Participants will construct a simple mechanical toy/kinetic sculpture. The intention is to use recycled plastic as the primary material to build these out of. Ideally the Steampunk LED workshop could plug into this unit, providing an extension activity that would integrate electricity into the design. Aim it to provide each participant with a box or parts, a base design and space to innovate on what they construct with some optional bits and pieces. Workshop should not run more than 90 minutes in a controlled environment, which hopefully gives us scope to complete in two hours it we're practised at it.
This will be the first TryIt off the rank this year too. Time to get developing.
Describe the activity being proposed and the engagement, skills and knowledge development value of this type of activity.
Rename the steps as you like, use italics or bold for emphasis
Step Five: Troubleshooting
Step Six: References
Critical Success Factors
Which of the critical success factors does this Prototype target? For more details see SLQ-Strategic-Plan-2016-20
- Provide life skills and early childhood literacy programs
- Increase free access to digital content
- Strengthen Queensland library infrastructure and discovery platforms
- Grow the State’s historical collection of Queensland culture and heritage
- Engage with communities of interest through dedicated centres of engagement
- Facilitate the community’s use of and interaction with content
- Build capacity within our communities of interest
- Generate new revenue sources
- Position our workforce for the future
Delivering of The Edge Promises
Aside from the SLQ Strategic Plan, there is The Edge's commitments to the community and the lens we look at it through. Here are a few more check boxes for you to answer
This empowers creative experimentation across...
It will inspire...
4. Other observations:
Reference book about Cabaret Mechanical Movement. There is print up of this somewhere near my desk.