Plant UR Cup
I saw this img_7414.jpg one day at my local and asked what they did with the cups? They used them to grow seedlings. i thought that this could be a thing we did in the Coffee Stop. Set up a station on Level 1 of the Edge, somewhere by the coffee stop, where patrons could plant a seed or seedling into their empty coffee cup and take it home with them. It could be something productive (ediblehttp://www.prettyproduce.com.au/about, attract pollinatorsimg_7812.jpg, air filteringhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA_Clean_Air_Study)
- be a brief 3min activity that patrons could engage with upstairs
- a way getting people to think about their rubbish
- a hands on way of recycling/ upcycling
- an opportunity for people to learn the rarely* practiced technique of planting a seed (Urban people don't plant stuff)
- something to take home and talk about
- there could be a didactic about the productive nature of the plant
Describe the activity being proposed and the engagement, skills and knowledge development value of this type of activity.
Cups seeds/ seedlings soil water
- The Edge organises seed/ seedlings from a productive plant partner ( pretty produce, woodford butterfly people, Bee one third, community gardens types)
- find a source of soil ( wandering cooks' composting machine)
- establish a stock of seedlings
- we build a booth to install upstairs. write a blogpost
rinse your cup and lid
select seed/ seedling (comes with an info tag)
pour in measure of soil
plant according to instructions on tag
water and replace lid
share on social using our hash tag
take home and care for me according to instructions on tag
Critical Success Factors
Which of the critical success factors does this Prototype target? For more details see SLQ-Strategic-Plan-2016-20
- Provide life skills and early childhood literacy programs
- Increase free access to digital content
- Strengthen Queensland library infrastructure and discovery platforms
- Grow the State’s historical collection of Queensland culture and heritage
- [✓ mick, 2017-01-25]Engage with communities of interest through dedicated centres of engagement
- Facilitate the community’s use of and interaction with content
- [✓ mick, 2017-01-25] Build capacity within our communities of interest
- Generate new revenue sources
- Position our workforce for the future
Delivering of The Edge Promises
Aside from the SLQ Strategic Plan, there is The Edge's commitments to the community and the lens we look at it through. Here are a few more check boxes for you to answer
This empowers creative experimentation across...
- [✓ mick, 2017-01-25]Art?
- [✓ mick, 2017-01-25]Science?
It will inspire...
- [✓ mick, 2017-01-25]Whimsy?
- [✓ mick, 2017-01-25]Curiosity?
- [✓ mick, 2017-01-25]Awe?
4. Other observations:
This were you put external links like LED generator
This is where you put files for laser cutting etc..