SKATE or D.I.Y
Developed by Michael Doherty
Participants will be able to design there own skateboard deck from a few basic designs(Penny, Cruiser or Long board) as well as complete a CNC induction.
The workshop is not limited to people who ride skateboards but those who embrace the DIY attitude and culture of skateboarding and designs could also be used as wall mount piece(Maybe a clock or laser etched artwork).The idea is to use offcuts and salvaged parts to create something unique and personalized as well as engaging with a younger audience and there parents.
The skills gained include
- Designing a tool path for a board using Enroute
- CNC induction
- Creating graphics for stencils or laser etching in Adobe Illustrator
(The initial version of this workshop will be using offcuts for creating flat “cruiser style” boards but I have also designed a mold in Fusion 360 for pressing “blanks” with concave and kicks which can also be made of offcuts and cut on the CNC…WATCH THIS SPACE!!!)
Varied lengths of Plywood Depending of size of board
1xPair of Trucks
1xSet of Wheels
1x Set of Bearings
1x set(8) of Nuts and bolts
Hand out CNC Induction paperwork to particpants.
- Machine components
- CNC Start Up
- Tool paths
- Moving Designs to Machine-Output
- Loading a Tool
Step Five: Troubleshooting
Step Six: References
Critical Success Factors
Which of the critical success factors does this Prototype target? For more details see SLQ-Strategic-Plan-2016-20
- Provide life skills and early childhood literacy programs
- Increase free access to digital content
- Strengthen Queensland library infrastructure and discovery platforms
- Grow the State’s historical collection of Queensland culture and heritage
- Engage with communities of interest through dedicated centres of engagement
- Facilitate the community’s use of and interaction with content
- Build capacity within our communities of interest
- Generate new revenue sources
- Position our workforce for the future
Delivering of The Edge Promises
Aside from the SLQ Strategic Plan, there is The Edge's commitments to the community and the lens we look at it through. Here are a few more check boxes for you to answer
This empowers creative experimentation across...
It will inspire...
4. Other observations:
This were you put external links like LED generator
This is where you put files for laser cutting etc..