X-Carve Technical and Maintenance
- Shapoko 2 with X-Carve upgrade kit, 1000x1000mm frame.
- Guaranteed Usable area: 700x700x50mm (Slightly more with care)
- Arduino Uno + Synthetos gShield (grblShield) V5b
- External Emergency stop(Kills power.) Plus Reset connected back to controller.
- Hard limit endstops(microswitches) on both ends of X and Y, plus top of Z
- Z Probe with 2.1mm Barrel plug connector.
- Nema 17 steppers. (Y and Z)
- * Smart Automation SM42HT47-1684B 1.8° 1.68A, ( http://www.smartautomation.com.cn/ProductShow.asp?ArticleID=497 )
- Nema 23 steppers (X)
- * SHINANO KENSHI NO. 03640 1.8° 2.0A ( No datasheet )
- 6mm GT2 belts. 18 tooth drive wheels.
- ACME Thread Z drive.
- DeWalt D26204 Router.
- Collets for:
- 1/8“ (Dremel/XCarve bits)
- 1/4” (Standard Router Bits)
- 6.0mm (Cheap Metric Tooling)
- Springs to counteract router weight
- Spring loaded front guard
- HTML5 Web based, XCarve default
- Good test, OK for home use, limited final use due to log in and web based.
Makercam + Universal G-Code Sender.
- (Flash+web based. http://www.makercam.com/ )
- Limited in use due to no path/tool saving, reliance on internet, problems with flash.
- GCode exporting tool. Works well. Complicated and expensive.
Vetric V-Carve Pro + Candle
- Easy to use, works very well, allows work off site. (Makerspace ID: 86B4F-F467A-280D9-9F4C6-9C56B-4C528-BEE6F )
- Candle(Previously grblController) is friendly and easy to use. Allows custom buttons.
Log of works
- Original kit dismantling.. (Prior to Holley's arival)
- First full build. (Started a few weeks into when Holly arrived)
- Original table. Early dust extraction.
- Final Vacuum cleaner based Cyclonic Dust extraction system.
- New custom built table
- New software(VCarve!)
- Z-Touch probe
- New computer, clean install, ready for Public. (Nearly done)
- Room sound proofing.
Things **TO DO**
- Room sound proofing. (Critical)
- Document running procedure. (Critical)
- Emergency stop needs to connect to an end stop to trigger Alarm.
- Wiring diagrams need to be drawn up.
- Dust mitigation. Guards for side wheels and edges. (Acrylic?)
- New dust shoe.
- Tooling lists need to be finished.
- New dust extractor barrel/top/baffle.
- XCarve Table lowered by 100mm
- TinyG v8 Controller. (Brought. Needs testing.)
- Nema 23 Steppers. (Obtained)
- 8mm GT2 belts.
- New dust shoe. (Needs finishing)
- SuperPID Speed controller for Spindle.
Z-Touch: G53G0Z-30 ;G21G91G38.2Z-50F50 ;G92Z15.61 ;G90G0Z40 Safe Home: G21G90; G53G0Z-3X-650Y-100 Motor timeout: $1=255 for 'leave motors on' $1=254 for 'switch off after 254mS'
grbl internal settings:
$$ < $0=10 $1=254 $2=0 $3=1 $4=0 $5=0 $6=0 $10=3 $11=0.020 $12=0.002 $13=0 $20=0 $21=1 $22=1 $23=3 $24=25.000 $25=3000.000 $26=250 $27=2.000 $30=1 $31=0 $32=0 $100=44.440 $101=44.440 $102=188.976 $110=8000.000 $111=8000.000 $112=500.000 $120=500.000 $121=500.000 $122=50.000 $130=720.000 $131=720.000 $132=100.000