Developed by Marius Wyllie, 2023
We acknowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and their continuing connection to the land and as custodians of stories for millennia. We respectfully acknowledge the land on which we all meet today, and pay our respects to elders past, present, and emerging.
Learn the basics of ProTools, an industry-standard music production software. Together we will get an overview of some of the tools available in ProTools to enable you to record audio, MIDI, edit, and export audio.
- Create a new session
- Overview of Sample Rate and Bit Depth
- Setting the Playback Engine and Buffer Size
- Navigate the Edit and Mix Windows
- Create Audio and Instrument Midi Tracks
- Basic tools (Selection Tool, Trim, Grabber, Smart Tool)
- Creating Click Tracks and setting Tempo
- Creating Markers
- Recording Audio and Midi
- Importing Audio and Exporting Audio
- Bouncing session to stereo WAV or MP3 files
Hardware and Software
- MIDI Keyboard
- USB microphone
Health & Safety
Running this workshop at The Edge?.. You should familiarise yourself and your participants with:
- DML Risk Assessment
Ensure your computer is equipped with Headphones, MIDI Keyboard, and a USB Microphone.