Ticket Booking Policy
This ticket booking policy provides information on how State Library manages:
- Tickets for workshops at The Edge: free and paid workshops, events and inductions
State Library is committed to the health and safety of its communities
- Individuals are prohibited to attend workshops or inductions while under the influence of alcohol or any other substance
- Flat and enclosed footwear must be worn in the Fabrication Lab at all times
- Hearing and eye protection is required in the Machine Shop.
Age requirements for ticketed events
- 18+ years: may attend a workshop and induction
- 16-17 years: may attend a workshop/induction only with parent/guardian permission
- 13 -15: may attend a workshop with parent/guardian but may not complete induction or use equipment
- 12 years and under: cannot attend workshops or inductions
Tickets for workshops:
free and paid workshops, events and inductions
Payments can be made with cash or debit/credit card. Card payments are managed through Eventbrite, which accepts all major credit cards. Cash is accepted in person at The Edge reception desk. However, we can only secure your seat once payment is received, so please call ahead on 07 3842 9449 or email AppliedCreativity@slq.qld.gov.au if you plan to pay with cash.
- Tax Receipts
Our Eventbrite account automatically issues tax receipts. For further information, please contact AppliedCreativity@slq.qld.gov.au or phone 07 3842 9449.
Refunds for paid workshops require a minimum of seven days’ notice. To request a refund please email AppliedCreativity@slq.qld.gov.au or phone 07 3842 9449.
Refunds for credit card payments are processed by Eventbrite. Please note that as of June 2019 Eventbrite does not refund the booking fee for cancelled tickets.
Refunds for cash payments and all requests more than 5 days after a workshop are issued via direct transfer or cheque only (no cash refunds). You will be asked to supply your account details for the transfer to take place/cheque to be issued.
- Extenuating circumstances: In extenuating circumstances you can request a refund within the seven day period. Please email <Applied>Creativity@slq.qld.gov.au who will review and respond within two business days.
For a one-off workshop, an exchange is only possible if you cancel the original booking (with at least 7 days’ notice) and rebook the next available session. We are unable to make exchanges on behalf of ticketholders.
Unfortunately we are unable to offer credits for unattended workshops, or in place of a refund.
We do not offer waitlists for our inductions and workshops. However cancelled tickets are made available once the cancellation process is complete.
- Cancellations (Free events and workshops)
If you have booked a ticket for a free workshop or event but cannot attend, please let us know. You can email AppliedCreativity@slq.qld.gov.au or phone 07 3842 9449 anytime up until the event starts.
- Late Arrivals
- Please be aware for our inductions, for safety reasons, we do not allow participation if you are more than 15 minutes late.
- For free workshops and events, we will hold booked spaces until the start of the event. If we have not heard from you, we may give your place to another person who is already onsite. If you are running late, please let us know by phoning 07 3842 9449.
- Specific Needs
If you have any specific needs in order to participate in this workshop please contact us at AppliedCreativity@slq.qld.gov.au, and we will contact you to discuss your requirements further.