ARCHIVED: 3D Printing Induction
In this induction you will learn lots of groovy stuff
- how to operate our UPmini 3D printers
- what you can achieve with our printers
- how to make a simple 3D design for print in Tinkercad
- how to make your designs 3D printer friendly
- how to identify problems and what to do when problems occur.
This is the assesment that you will complete during the induction.
Note that this induction is for the Up Mini (since superseded).
- Participants must be over 16 years of age
- Enclosed, flat footwear must be worn at all times
- Please register for an Edge Account (if you haven't already).
Design for 3D printing
The induction contains a introduction to tinkercad, a simple web based 3D design tool.
- Objects are built from a basis of pre-made shapes,
- that are combined, grouped and used to cut and build upon each other.
- Tinkercad can be used to create complex models.
We have a basic introduction to Tinkercad as a PDF