ARCHIVED: 3D Printing Induction
In this induction you will learn lots of groovy stuff
- how to operate our UPmini 3D printers
- what you can achieve with our printers
- how to make a simple 3D design for print in Tinkercad
- how to make your designs 3D printer friendly
- how to identify problems and what to do when problems occur.
This is the assesment that you will complete during the induction.
- Participants must be over 16 years of age
- Enclosed, flat footwear must be worn at all times
- Please register for an Edge Account (if you haven't already).
Design for 3D printing
The induction contains a introduction to tinkercad, a simple web based 3D design tool.
- Objects are built from a basis of pre-made shapes,
- that are combined, grouped and used to cut and build upon each other.
- Tinkercad can be used to create complex models.
We have a basic introduction to Tinkercad as a PDF