State library of Queensland - The Edge Fabrication Labs
The State Library of Queensland (SLQ) operates The Edge Fabrication Labs (Space) for SLQ members, which contains certain equipment and machinery (Equipment).
It is a condition of your entry into and use of the Space that you agree to these terms.
1. You may only enter the Space and operate Equipment if you have completed and kept up to date all inductions, courses, safety instructions and other requirements of SLQ, and if you agree to and continue to comply with these terms. You must also comply with all policies and guidelines of SLQ that apply to your entry into the Space and operation of the Equipment.
2. You acknowledge that the Space contains Equipment that carries risks. Some Equipment is inherently hazardous, or may be operated in a dangerous manner, and may cause harm or injury, including severe and permanent injury, or even death. You enter the Space and use the Equipment at your own risk.
3. You acknowledge that some Equipment requires specific training, and that you may not use that Equipment until you have completed any training required by SLQ. You must agree to undertake further training if SLQ deems it necessity.
4. You may only use the Equipment in a safe manner and according to the Safe Operating Procedures (SOP) and any specific directions of SLQ Staff. You may not tamper or modify any Equipment, and may not remove any machine guards or safety equipment.
5. You may not bring any outside Equipment into the Space without the express written consent of SLQ.
6. You must follow all directions given by SLQ Staff. You must read and follow all signs and safety information relating to the Space and Equipment.
7. You must wear flat enclosed footwear at all times in the Space, and must at all times use all Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) required by SLQ for entry into the Space and for each item of Equipment (e.g. gloves, goggles, hearing protection). During hazardous Equipment use you must not wear loose clothing, jewellery, unsecured long hair, or items which may create hazards. SLQ may require you to leave the Space if you do not follow SLQ Staff directions about any aspect of safety.
8. You must not use Equipment improperly, or abuse or wilfully damage it or the Space in any way. If SLQ staff asks you to cease using any Equipment, you must do so immediately.
9. You must be considerate of other users of the Space. You acknowledge that the Space may be full, and that specific items of Equipment may be being used by others. You have no right of access to the Space or to any Equipment (other than bookable Equipment) at any particular time. You must fit in with others.
10. You must keep the Space orderly and neat, and must clean and tidy any Equipment or part of the Space after use.
11. You must always comply with the SLQ Responsible Conduct Policy. You may not act in a way that SLQ considers offensive, objectionable, abusive or disruptive. You may not use the Space for an illegal, unsafe or objectionable purpose, or create any items which are illegal, offensive, objectionable or dangerous.
12. You must not be under the influence of any substances at any time in the Space or while operating Equipment which may adversely affect you, including alcohol, medication or any illegal substances. Seek advice from medical professionals to determine whether prescription drugs interfere with operational requirements of Equipment. You must not bring any alcohol or illegal substances or items into the Space.
13. You must always comply with the fabrication Labs Storage & Material Handling policy. You must secure your own belongings. SLQ is not liable for any loss, theft or damage to your belongings, or for any items that you might bring to or create in the Space. You consent to SLQ removing or disposing of any items that are not labelled adequately, or which SLQ reasonably considers to have been abandoned. You must remove items promptly if SLQ asks you to do so.
14. To the maximum extent permitted by law, SLQ excludes or limits all liability, including for negligence and loss or damage to your person or property, and you release SLQ, and its staff and contractors, from claims caused by your breach of these terms or any improper use of the Space or the Equipment.
15. If you are using the Space you acknowledge that any intellectual property rights you might create are your own and you must manage their protection yourself. SLQ takes no responsibility for intellectual property protection. You must not use the Space or the Equipment in any way that infringes the rights of any other person, including any intellectual property rights.
16. You acknowledge that any activities or creations you might undertake in the Space do not necessarily represent the views of SLQ.
17. SLQ films, records and photographs activities and events at The Edge Fabrication Labs for use in marketing and communications. If you do not wish to be filmed, recorded or photographed you must advise SLQ staff upon your arrival.
18. SLQ may require you to leave the Space or withdraw your entry into the Space at any time if you breach any SLQ policies, including if you breach these terms, and if so, you must comply promptly.