This is information is for the pre-production process of preparing materials for the workshop kits.
- Laser cut hull
- Laser cut plug
- Laser cut lock pick and key pin rings
- Laser cut tension wrench
- Saw metal pipe (pin Sleave)
- Saw dowel length and indentation (for o-ring)
- Saw and drill plug housing
You will need to cut the following materials and documents for a single kit (if not specified otherwise).
- 1x A3 6mm cardboard - lock_hull_1_v2-sheet.cdr - Approx. 1 min 40 sec per sheet
- 1x A3 6mm cardboard - lock_hull_2_v2-sheet.cdr - Approx. 1 min 40 sec per sheet
- 1x A3 3mm cardboard - lock_plug_v2-sheet.cdr - Approx. 3 min per sheet
- Lock Pick & Key Pin rings
- 1x A3 3mm Acrylic - lock_pick_v2-sheet.cdr - (This will produce shitloads of picks and rings)
- Tension wrench
- 1x A3 6mm Acrylic - lock_tension_v2-sheet.cdr - (This will produce shitloads of wrenches)
- Metal Pipe
- 1x 50mm (10mm O/D) metal pipe
- Key and Set Pins
- 3x 30cm (6mm O/D) dowel (Set pins)
- 3x 25mm (6mm O/D) dowel (Key pins)
- Key pins will need a slight groove (no more than 1mm deep, 1mm wide, 3-4mm from top) for the o-rings
- Put o-ring on key pin and make sure it doesn't fit through the acrylic key pin ring (step 2 above)
- Plug Housing
- 1x 50mm (60mm O/D) postage tube
- Drill 3x holes in the housing (use acrylic hole template) This needs to be very straight and accurate!
-Material prep process
- 25 and 30mm Pins cut to length
Press inside face of the saw blade against the inside surface of the 90 deg mitre box gap. Use a square to measure the desired length (in this case 25 and 30mm) Secure a block of wood as a stop. As you cut check your tolerances regularly.
- O-ring seating groove cut into 25mm Pin
Set a hacksaw blade into a vice at about 45 deg. Set the dowel into battery drill chuck. cut your groove.
- Plug Housing cut
Again secure a timber stop in the mitre box measuring with a square, this time 50mm,
Clean up daggy edges on sanding belt on the bench grinder. Use the workrest on the belt sand to level up the cuts to 90 deg
- Plug Housing holes drilled
after drilling each use metal sleaves to ensure the alignment of the hole template is correct
check alignment of holes on example plug are within tolerance