COVID 19 Cleaning Tips
Stay up to date with the latest COVID-19 information and updates for the Queensland public library network.
Effective hygiene practices help minimise the potential risk of disease and illness. Please include consideration of any Workplace Health and Safety policies specific to your council. These will supersede any suggestions on this site.
For all non-electronic equipment, we recommend using the same cleaning guidance as released by our First 5 Forever team.
- Daily cleaning recommended by Department of Health.
- Warm water with a neutral detergent should be used on non-porous surfaces.
- Allow equipment to drip dry, ideally in the sun.
- Disinfectants to be used when enteric infection has possibly affected the storytime area. Enteric infections are characterized by diarrhea, abdominal discomfort, nausea and vomiting.
- Equipment placed in a child’s mouth should be removed and washed once they’ve finished using it.
It is important before cleaning electronics, that you first consult the manufacturers website for any specific cleaning recommendations. Some surfaces can be delicate, such as touch screens, and general cleaning guidance may actually damage the device.
- Use a lint-free cloth, such as a screen wipe or a cloth made from microfiber
- Avoid excessive wiping and submerging item in cleanser to avoid damage
- Unplug all external power sources and cables
- Do not use aerosol sprays, bleach or abrasive cleaners
- Ensure moisture does not get into any openings to avoid damage
- Never spray cleaner directly on an item
- Use an approved COVID 19 disinfectant solution. Visit Queensland Health for more information.
- Do not use bleach to disinfect computers and electronics